NO CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A CONTRIBUTION OR PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Keep America Beautiful, Inc.’s (“KAB”) Recycle-BowlTM contest (the “Competition”) is open to public, private and charter elementary, middle and high schools and districts in the 50 states of the United States and the District of Columbia. THE COMPETITION IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND/OR WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. HOW TO ENTER. A teacher, principal or authorized representative (an “Authorized Representative”) from an eligible school/district may enter his or her school/district in the Competition by completing the online registration form between 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Monday, August 3, 2015 and 11:59 p.m. EST on Tuesday, October 13, 2015. The Authorized Representative must be at least 18 years of age to register. In the event of multiple entries for the same school/district, only the first registration will be valid. The registration link can be found on http://www.Recycle-Bowl.org
The Authorized Representative will be able to enter his or her school in one of the following Competition Divisions:
Each registered school is referred to in these Official Rules individually as a “School” and collectively as the “Schools”. KAB reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any and all registered Schools at any time.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE.
4. PRIZE DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION. KAB will select the winning Schools/District for each division between February and March 2016.
Additional prizes include:
Should KAB award any monetary prizes, the prize will be paid by check to each winning School (and not to any individual).
KAB will contact the Authorized Representative from each winning School/District by telephone and/or email within seven (7) school days of its determination of the winners. If the Authorized Representative for a winning School/District does not respond within five (5) school days of such contact, or if that winner declines the prize, then the eligible School/District with the next highest weight of collected Recyclable Material per capita in that prize division will be chosen.
In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the School that registered, conducted and reported an America Recycles Day event (the event must be documented and registered on the America Recycles Day site). If all Schools within the tie conducted an America Recycles Day event, than the prize money will be split equally between all such tying Schools.
No substitution of prizes is offered; no transfer of prizes to a third party is permitted. Prize recipients are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, on a prize.
THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE OR GIFT CARD DEPENDS UPON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED IN EACH COMPETITION CATEGORY.
5. CODE OF CONDUCT. All Authorized Representatives agree on behalf of their School/District to, and all participating Schools/District shall compete under, the following principles:
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in the Competition, each School/District and each Authorized Representative on behalf of his or her School/District agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
A. These Official Rules and all decisions of KAB, its employees, agents and/or representatives relating to this Competition shall be final, binding and non-appealable in all respects.
B. Each Authorized Representative and each School releases and discharges KAB and it’s sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, agents, and employees (collectively, “Releasees”), and agrees to hold harmless the Releasees, from any and all injuries, liabilities, losses, and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Competition or their acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, bodily injury, death and property damage.
C. Each School/District authorizes KAB and its sponsors to use its School name, image, and/or likeness (including any mascot of the School) for trade, advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law), in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, including but not limited to the Internet, without notice, review, or approval, and each School/District agrees to execute further consents to such use upon request of KAB and/or sponsors.
D. In the event a School/District wins a prize, the Authorized Representative of the winning School/District shall complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release on behalf of the School/District within 10 days of notification. Failure to timely return documents, or the return of a prize notification or prize as undeliverable, shall cause the prize to be forfeited.
E. Releasees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) any human, typographical, printing or other error relating to or in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Competition, processing of entries or requests for entry forms, the announcement of the prizes or in any Competition-related materials; (b) late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, stolen, delayed, or untimely entries and/or reports; (c) any condition caused by events that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any defect in, failure or malfunction of any telephone line, computer line, network, scanner, other computer equipment or software or any combination thereof; or (e) any corrupted, delayed, garbled, lost or otherwise incomplete data transmissions of any kind. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY RELEASEE BE LIABLE FOR PUNITIVE EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
F. KAB may, and reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition if cheating, fraud, technical failures, computer viruses, bugs, worms or other unlawful or unauthorized intervention, or any other factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Competition (or portion thereof), as determined by KAB in its sole discretion. If KAB terminates the Competition for any reason, it may, in its sole discretion, select winners in accordance with these Official Rules based on the entries and reports received prior to the termination date or select no winners and issue no prizes.
G. All registration and reporting forms, once submitted to KAB, shall be the sole and exclusive property of KAB and will not be returned. Any information provided to KAB on these forms will not be sold to third party vendors without express permission from the School’s Authorized Representative. Moreover, registration and reporting forms are void if not obtained in accordance with these Official Rules, or if any part is forged, illegible, counterfeited, fraudulent, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, photocopied, altered, mutilated or tampered with in any way, or if they contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical or other errors.
H. In the event a dispute does arise concerning the Competition, such dispute shall be brought individually, without resort to class action, in a federal court in the District of Connecticut or a state court located in Stamford, Connecticut and that any damages awarded by such court shall be limited to actual “out-of-pocket” expenses (excluding attorneys’ fees) arising from participation in the Competition. Moreover, while the Competition is subject to all applicable local, state and federal laws, Connecticut law shall govern any dispute concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or any other dispute concerning the Competition, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
6. WINNER’S LIST. A list containing the name of each winning School for all competition Divisions may be obtained after March 1, 2016 by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Recycle-Bowl Winners List, Keep America Beautiful, Inc., 1010 Washington Blvd., Stamford, CT 06901.
7. SPONSORSHIP. The Competition is operated by Keep America Beautiful, Inc., 1010 Washington Blvd., Stamford, Connecticut, USA, 06901.